What are the steps in booking the burros? How does this work?
1. Check out my pricing to see if we're in your budget.
2. Request a date from us to see if we're available.
3. If your date is available you will be asked to fill out a questionnaire so I can get to know more about your event. (this form does not hold your date).
4. After receiving the questionnaire results I will send you a Paypal booking invoice. You can pay via Paypal, credit card, or personal check (just give me a heads up if you're mailing a check). This deposit holds your date! If you wait, it can be given to someone else without notice.
5. After paying the booking invoice I will send over your contract and final invoice via PayPal.
6. You decide what beverages or items you'd like distributed, we only bring ice if it's beverages. We can also hand out bags of popcorn, treat bags, favors, anything that fits in our boxes.
7. You, your coordinator, or venue let us know where these items will be staged for our pickup on arrival.
8. We arrive at the venue, pickup your items, tack up our freshly bathed burros (weather permitting), decorate them with our faux flower collection, stock your items in our panniers. Then walk into the event at our contracted time.
NOTE: we cannot force the donkeys to pose, they are living breathing beings who sometimes have feelings about settings, we will try our best to help capture the photo you want, but cannot guarantee it. They are generally relaxed and willing to stand with you, your guests and bridal party to take photos.
Do you only do weddings?
Rocky and Daisy can be booked for any event where you would like beverages served or items handed out, corporate events, birthday parties, whatever you can think of. They also can be booked for photoshoots, please contact me directly for photoshoot pricing.
Can guests take a photo with them and pet them?
Yes! Rocky and Daisy like being petted on their necks and around their ears. Each guest can get photos with them.
Do you only do weddings?
No, Rocky and Daisy can attend any event where you wish to have a photo opportunity or would like goods distributed to guest, as long as they fit in the panniers and do not exceed 25lbs per pannier.
Do you give rides?
No, I am sorry, Rocky and Daisy are not available for rides, for children or adults.
How much can they carry?
Rocky and Daisy are limited to 80lbs total for deadweight (dead weight is weight that doesn't move, they can haul more if it's live weight), their size and strength make them excellent beer burros, smaller donkeys cannot carry as much.
Do you shave/clip them?
No, due to being located in Montana, we let them have the variations of their natural coat for protection, in spring and fall they will be fuzzy making for great textures in photos, mid summer they will be slick and shiny.
Do you bathe them?
Yes, both donkeys are bathed (weather dependent) and groomed before each event, often starting days prior. During shedding season, please expect to get a little bit of hair on you, but don't worry, we have lint rollers to round up those stray hairs.
How long have you had them?
I've owned Daisy since 2009 and Rocky since 2012.
Their ears are back! Are they mad?
No, they're listening to what is behind them. If they're mad, their ears will be flat against their neck.
Are you insured?
YES! We carry commercial liability insurance. We also are fully vaccinated and carry current Coggins to show that they do not carry any transmissible diseases. We can also provide proof of Brand Inspection in the state of Montana.
Do they spook easily?
Not usually, but they are animals, we can never predict what might scare them, but Rocky and Daisy are used to lots of people, loud music, traffic, bicycles, runners/hikers. In general, compared to a horse, donkeys prefer to assess a situation rather than run from it.
Do you book more than one event in a day?
No, we only serve single bookings per day to ensure that your event receives our full attention.
Will you travel?
yes, we charge $0.55/mile both ways for anything outside of our normal service area. Any venues over 2.5hrs away may require us to be stabled overnight, and those fees would apply. Please email me to check if we will travel to your venue! We carry all the appropriate documents to cross county lines within Montana.
Our travel range is subject to change at any time for the health and well being of our burros.
**Venue is located within the Big Sky Resort Tax District will incur a four percent resort tax.**